The company is an Australian manufacturer of natural health products. After years of R&D, they have developed an innovative range of Terpene blended health products that positively supports people's mental health and well-being.
Project Physis are the first company to create an encapsulated Terpene based therapeutic product and have sold over 20,000 units in Australia over the last 3 years.
The products are Australian Made, 100% natural, botanically derived and manufactured in a facility in Western Australia.
What Exactly Is a “Terpene” and How Does it Affect our Mind & Body?
Terpenes are naturally-occurring oils found in plants. They are the chemicals that determine how certain aromas “smell”. Lavender, citrus and pine are all scents that are controlled by Terpenes.
The human neurological network is extraordinarily complex, controlled by the brain and responsible for keeping our bodies hormonally balanced. External factors such as lifestyle, stress, lack of sleep – disrupt this balance. This can lead to feelings of anxiety, depression and increased levels of stress. Terpenes work on the Endocannabinoid system that is a part of our neurological network to restore that balance.
Terpenes have been shown to have the potential to deliver the following benefits:
· Anti-inflammatory relief
· Assist with pain relief.
· Assist with stress, anxiety and depression management.
· Assist with muscular spasms.
· Assist with insomnia.
· Improve memory.
· Assist with social anxiety.
Funding Proposal & Use of Funds
The company s looking to raise a total of $5 million to expand its product range to include medical cannabis and nutraceuticals and enter new global markets.
Use of funds:
· GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) to the existing facility in WA
· Equipment to scale up manufacturing
· Purchase packaging and ingredients to scale
· Expand range – release gummies
· IT technology to facilitate operations
· Online advertising, marketing, and branding material
· Business development/account manager to service the pharmacist
· Clinical trials for Anxiety, Sleep sublingual and Relieve topicals
· Apply for AUST L number for Relieve topicals, Anxiety and Sleep sublingual
· Set up pop up stores in major shopping centres, airports, and department stores
· Licencing and franchising
· Set up health, life, and pet insurance
· General working capital & R&D
· Expansion into NZ, Southeast Asia, Europe and America
Diverse range. Proven and already selling positive Mental Health and Well-being range of products: Anxiety, Anti-Depression, Calm, Sleep, Relieve and Menstrual Relief.
Massive market. Anxiety is the most common mental health condition in Australia. On average 1 in 4 people will experience some type of Anxiety in their life. 2.5M people in Australia take anti-depressants. 45% of Australians suffer from Anxiety and Depression each year. 4.9M people have experienced an anxiety disorder.
High profit margins. Cost to manufacture the product is $6.50 per unit. The RRP in stores and online is $36 per unit. Product margin = 80%+
Strong distribution network. 120+ supplier contracts signed off (with 60 new supply contracts achieved in the last few months). Currently selling directly to $120+ pharmacy and healthcare outlets. Key accounts include Priceline, Terry White Chemist, Blooms Chemist, Amcal, Go Vita, Natures Works.
Great numbers. $30K in sales per month with $792 sales revenue to date. The average monthly order is $550.
Backed by research. A study completed in 2011 by Dr Ethan Russo extensively explored the positive effects of Terpenes on our Endocannabinoid system. It was peer-reviewed and published in the British Journal of Pharmacology. You can review the study on the British Pharmacological Society website here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3165946/